Squirmer


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was talking to my friend Chris the other day, and we got to talking about Squirmer, a band that he and I used to play in. Squirmer was really my first and pretty much only "real" band experience, as most of what I do now is solo or virtual collaborations. The band sort of evolved from a group of friends, and to this day most of the members are gigging musicians in other bands, a couple have new kids to deal with, but we all remain friends and still try to play together on occasion. Squirmer was also the first real experience I had with recording, and at the time, we would record our practices and gigs with a Tascam 488 Portastudio 8 track, which is sitting about a foot away from me as I type this. Alot of times we would just rig up a couple mics and hang them from the ceiling of Mark's recording studio, but at gigs, we would try to rig it up better. I've got tons of cassette tapes, masters that haven't been mixed down yet, sitting around waiting to be digitized, and I think I'm going to start work on a squirmer CD project I've been meaning to do for years. Try to mine the nuggets I know are hidden in this trove of tape. Anyways, I found a pretty good recording of Squirmer doing "Hopeless", a song I wrote around 1997 I think, but would later become a staple of the Squirmer setlist. Recorded October 7, 2001 live to 8 track and featuring Mark on drums, Chris on lead guitar, Bill on bass, Eric on guitar, and myself on vocals and guitar.


Hopeless - Squirmer


1 Responses to “Squirmer”

  1. Blogger jack 

    hahaha. the story is the band name came from the fact that chris had just had a little girl, and when his wife would come by the studio to pick him up after practice, she'd walk in with the baby in her arms squirming around, and became known as the little squirmer. the name just seemed fitting.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me



  • I'm jack
  • From Santa Cruz, California, United States
  • My profile

Where to Find Jack's Music